Did you ever think of yourself as a brand? Well, you should. And due to social media you have the perfect environment to do so. Visibility creates opportunities so it is up to you to make the most out of your time spent online.
Here are some tips on how to build your personal branding on social media:
- Keep the same profile picture and the same name on all your accounts. This way is going to be much easier for people to recognize you.
- LinkedIn is the base platform for personal branding. Here you should post articles related to your field and engage in discussions related to your passions. We know it is not as fun as Facebook or Instagram, but it is a platform you should use often, not only when looking for jobs. Also, keep your profile update and donai??i??t forget to request connections with professionals whom you met or worked.
- Share moderate content, 1 to 2 times per day on your most valued profiles. Try to make creative and original content for sharing on your social media platforms.
- Join Facebook groups related to your interests. This way you will connect with people and share ideas together.
- It is important to decide what you want to promote on social media – your skills, your hobbies, an issue that matters to you or you have a product to sell. Later on get to know your audience. A good idea that will grow your personal branding is to make a Facebook group or a Facebook Page.
- Engage with people by commenting on their posts, of course if you are interested in what they wrote. Reply to all the comments, except if the comment it’s a troll. Both will help you get more followers all Instagram, Twitter and even Facebook.
- Use hashtags. People from all over the world can reach your post with the help of the hashtags. On Instagram is good to use as many hashtags as you can and on Facebook or Twitter try to use the key one.
Keep in mind that social media is an important tool for managing your personal brand and try to make the most of it.